A participant-driven meeting, aka, unconference:
On the 3rd day of the Regional Scrum Gathering® Portugal 2016, we’ll come together in Open Space to focus our energies on the topics that you are most passionate about. Our mission: to explore new ideas, seek out new insights and connections, and to boldly go forth into spontaneous collaboration.
With no predetermined agenda, together we will co-create the marketplace to facilitate the exchange of knowledge throughout the Open Space. Whether you have expertise and experience to share, a desire to dig deeper into something you discovered earlier in the week, or you simply want to soak in an atmosphere of creativity and collaboration and maybe engage in an interesting conversation – the possibilities are unlimited!
How do I propose an Open Space session?
- Think of a topic: an idea, a challenge, a question you care about it.
- Take an index card and a marker. Anyone can propose a session!
- Write your topic at the top of the card and your name below.
- Post your topic on the Marketplace (sticky wall) picking a timeslot and location.
Open Space runs by 4 simple organizing principles:
- Whoever comes are the right people.
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have.
- Whenever it starts is the right time.
- When it’s over it’s over.
The Only Law of Open Space, the Law of Two Feet:
- If at any time during our time together you find yourself in a situation where you are neither learning or contributing, go someplace else.
- You are responsible for your own learning: if your mind wanders, take your body with it.